Today I Will Make A Difference
Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.
I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving. Today I will make a difference.
I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It’s OK to stumble…I will get up. It’s OK to fail…I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.
I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family. A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.
Today I will make a difference.
- Church Resources Available for Max Lucado’s Timely Book ‘Fearless’ (prweb.com)
- Music artists unite with authors for concert on Dec. 18 :: Gallatin North Missourian :: The County Seat Weekly Newspaper Serving Daviess County, MO., Since 1864 (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Grammy Award-Winning Music Artists Unite with Bestselling Authors in an Unprecedented Concert Experience (prweb.com)
- Second Chances (horizonsingles.com)
- Max Lucado, Francis Chan, and Doug Fields Partner with Bluefish TV to Create 3 Brand New Youth Ministry Bible Studies (prweb.com)
- Book Review: Just in Case You Ever Wonder (debrakb.blogspot.com)
- Max Lucado: “He Knows” (harvestworkersdoor.wordpress.com)
- Thank You, God, For Blessing Me by Max Lucado (nineyearbible.wordpress.com)
- This God, Who Goes Out of His Way (Part I) (sowmanywords.wordpress.com)